Saturday 26 June 2010

The Go-Between Bridge, Brisbane

Brisbane has a new bridge you guys. ANOTHER new bridge and yours truly went to a concert on said bridge last night to watch The Go-Betweens (80's indie rock band that sang "Streets of Your Town") on the Go-Between. Apart from that song, I really wasn't familiar with any of their others, and, aside from having that one rad song, they were kinda crap. The lead, Robert Forster, was ever so slightly flat and then got grumpy when the smoke was too much for his grandaddy lungs, asking to turn the smoke machine off mid way through the set.

I feel bad for saying that because they were a big deal back in the day, topping both Aussie and UK charts in 1988 for Streets of Your Town and then later in the States for "Was there anything I could do?". And it's a long way to get there from little ol' Brissie. Still, I was but a mere tacker at the time of their rise to fame and perhaps I should have more respect?

Nah! The damn bridge is named after them, I think that's enough don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment