Saturday 5 June 2010

Macro Life Scenes - Compassion

I read this notion on the train this morning:

Compassion is the awareness of a deep bond between yourself and all other creatures.

Next time you think you have nothing in common with someone just keep in mind that a few years from now, two years or seventy years or whatever, both of you will be rotting corpses, then piles of dust, then nothing at all. This is a fact. A very humbling fact.

I love having this kind of perspective and to illustrate it further I've picked out some rad scenes from movies, some of my all time faves, that really drive home how fleeting our time on earth is and how much we must relish every every every moment. My fellow bloggers feel the same here, and here.

I love the drama.

Gangs of New York Ending



I am Legend Car Scene (just the first part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=EgxgofbO0NA&feature=related

Thomas Crown Affair: the scene when she misses him at the helipad, he's gone, a flock of NYC pigeons take flight and then the view finder moves backward about three times to take in the entire city sky line of Manhattan (CANNOT find that link so you'll just have to imagine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment