The verdict for Sex and the City 2:
1. fabulous fashion - TICK
2. fantastical opulence - TICK
3. dramatic hyper beautiful scenery - TICK
4. girl power (the "I am woman" karaoke scene seemed to be quite well rehearsed but roused it's intended female camaraderie ambience in the audience) - TICK
5. Men. I mean seriously, bring on Aidan and Lawrence of Arabia - TICK
6. character development - TICK
The downside, and yes sorry people, there is a downside to our fave foursome's latest exploits, is that in some parts its almost a little cringeworthy in terms of cultural sensitivity. I realise its about having a laugh, having lots of sex and having everyone knowing about it all the time. Though I can't help but wonder if this storyline glides a little too close to the razor sharp edge of the conservative Arabian nations' saif. Maybe I'm just jealous because I want an all expenses paid Abu Dhabi trip surrounded by obscene wealth and three besties to share it with...
Go and see it.