Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday in script

I was excited this morning; a true sense of anticipation. It was a beautiful blue sky outside and I played Feist tunes while I drank my green tea and painted my toenails in watermelon pink.

I met the Knight (the Sherpa's Brother) under a tree in New Farm park at 10:30am, as planned, he with his skateboard, me with my rad wheels. I unfurled my patchwork quilt and we sat and began what I hope will be the first of many sessions in awareness training.

The concepts are difficult, the practicing even harder. How do you describe the feeling of the expansion of your energy? How do you guide someone to feel or sense something that they've never been able to identify before? How do you explain colour to a blind person? How do you describe a sensation like hot or cold? This is what the Knight is attempting to show me. It is no small task.

Most importantly the Knight is explaining the importance of letting go of trying to control everything as it creates blockages. This more than anything is a big learning for me. Recently I've been receiving a lot of messages from the universe telling me to quit trying to control things. The very act of trying means that I am unsuccessful in that quest to begin with. And, to a large extent I believe that there is a grand plan for each of us and the universe will put us on our path when we relax and let the flow of life wash over us.

I know it sounds slightly mental but this is self actualisation in written form.

The Knight is an 80 year old in a 24 year old's body, and it's strange to see the two in action.

We spent the entire day together. Smelling roses, climbing trees (he did the climbing, those trees in New Farm are bloody huuuuge) eating fish and chips, chatting, laughing at crazy children, seeking shelter from the afternoon rain and smiling.

It was a sumptuous day with a stranger friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment