Monday 27 December 2010

I spoke to my grandad this morning for his birthday. 


He said that the last time it rained like this in Queensland was 60 years ago and became what is known as the '74 Floods. 


Great.


And as much as we like to whinge and moan about how sunny and gorgeous it will be when we return to work in a week or two and how cruel mother nature is and how mad the baby Jesus is at us to steal our summer away, I like to think it is a fantastic opportunity to 1) Sleep 2) write lists and 3) sleep.


This limbo period between the finish of 2010 and the impending 20-heaven (read: 11) is always a time of reflection and projections for me. I am a BIG list writer. I have lists all over the place, for everything. I like the idea of organisation, that all the things I need to have or do or see are itemised in the one area and I love the satisfaction of crossing items off - 'completion energy' as my dad calls it.


For the most part I've always written goals for the coming year. But this year mum reminded me that we should really write a "Gratitude List" first, giving thanks and acknowledging all the really wonderful things that happened during the year that was. 


At the top of my list will be my gratitude for my family and friends for just being there for me and being gorgeous. Sometimes I forget how much I actually need you all and love being around you.


My new apartment purchase most recently, being one of the highlights of the year.


Next will be my travel to London and lovely Mr Frog who made that a reality. 


Discovering my spiritual path, spiritual growth and the awe inspiring people I've met through meditation.

I'm thankful for my job this year as I've learnt so much in this capacity, not only about my role but also about handling and interacting with people from all walks of life. 


I'm thankful for the jasmine that smells so sweet along my river walk.


There is more but this is a good start and probably enough for this forum. Writing a Gratitude List will also help you identify things that you didn't do which you would like to then do in 2011 - to put on your Goals List. 


What are you grateful for? What will you plan for in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment