Thursday 12 August 2010

Heat wave

Ok, I'm not sure of the reason, but I am sweating up a damn storm over here.

It could be attributed to any one of the following:

1. I just got back from a walk in the mall, in heels, in a blazer and trouzers, and I walked all the way up to the Myer centre and back (read long way);

2. The ambient temperature of our office is dropping and rising in 3 minute intervals - normally I bitch about how cold it is but it's so stuffy right now it's stifling my already wavering will to work;

3. Brisbane doesn't really have a winter per say, just some days are cooler than others. It is easily a spring day outside; or

4. I'm nervous about my grown-up-girl date tomorrow night....(I've sent in the Cavalry - my friend Nadsie - to dig some dirt before tomorrow!).

I probably have to expand on point 4 a little. I don't generally get this nervous, nor do I sweat for that matter, before a date. The reason is because the gentleman friend and I have known each other for 14 years. That's right, I met the guy when I was 14 and have had a massive crush on him ever since. I'm not sure what it is about him, a certain je ne se qoi (Mama L - spelling?) and now all of a sudden we are both adults (as opposed to me being a child) and we have both found ourselves single and interested. 

It's a massive turn up for the books and I may loose my shit at any moment. Thankfully I have a sauna and sugar scrub tonight followed by a much needed meditation session to calm the fuck down.

No comments:

Post a Comment