Wednesday 27 October 2010

Protein Smash

Site has its benefits. 


No partying when I'm up there (honestly, who would I party with? The blokes over at the Mine Workers Club? Don't think so.)


Just work, eat, sleep. Work, eat, sleep.


The benefit being that I have been sans alcohol, ciggies, partying, late nights and heavy carb loading for almost two weeks now and I must tell you I feel bloody fantastic!


Having consulted a PT at my local SNAP he gave me a little heads up with the whole eating plan. What I didn't realise was that there are carbs in everything and loads of sugars in fruit. Here I was thinking that an all fruit diet would work when actually it was just packed full of sugars, albeit the better sugars. 


Added to which, I've stopped trying to eat less and have started eating more regularly. 5-6 little meals a day. It may be 7 almonds, a can of tuna or a spoonful of peanut butter for a snack in between meals. And  because I'm such a grazer I love it. I have never felt starving hungry or deprived.


So fast forward two weeks, I've drastically reduced carb intake (relegated to some salady bits at lunch), upped the anti on the protein fix and I've managed to drop at least 1.5kg!  


It's amazing how bloated breads, rices, starchy stuff can make you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment