Wednesday 15 December 2010

Book Nook

This book is rocking my world.


Psycho-cybernetics 2000 by Maxwell Maltz


If you're all up in your head like I am give it a read you guys. It provides you with the actual tools to achieve your goals in life. It demystifies The Secret and puts the onus back on us, rather than the universe or a mysterious force, so that we are in control of our lives, our achievements and aspirations based on fundamental human nature and psychology. 


Now, don't get me wrong, I'm bang into all the universe malarkey too. But Maltz's tools are practical, like street lamps on a darkened highway, shedding light and giving guidance to help you get to where you want to go quickly and easily.


The book is premised on the theory that if you can expand your self image, you can expand your talents and capabilities, achieve your aspirations and goals in life. It's a heavy book. There is so much to digest I will need to read it a few times over for the messages to sink in, they are so plentiful.


I'm enjoying working through the exercises and the first one that has truly stumped me is the question "What is it that you most want to do in your life?" written like this:


"The thing I most want to do with my life is _____________________________________________".


I never thought a line could scare me as much as this one has. I challenge you to finish it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment