Monday 13 December 2010

Garage Sales

My mum sells real estate for a living. And apart from the fact that she's damn good at it, she also gets access to 'left over' bits and pieces of furniture that sellers don't want to deal with.

So yesterday was spent with my mum, dad and sister all happily trawling through what was the remains of an elderly couple's life. It was a fascinating journey that obviously began in that house in the 1920's when the house was built.

Old everything. 30's furniture, 60's baking dishes and glasses, retro golf clubs, bags, lawn mowers, tools, sewing books and patterns, music manuscripts so old the paper was almost disintegrating, solid wooden chairs, camping paraphernalia, 70's hair rollers, 50's hair dryer in its own suitcase.

I snapped up a brass table lamp, a solid wooden chair, 6 old school champagne glasses, 6 seafood cocktail glasses, some pirex baking dishes and a hand blown crystal plate for $35. BARGAIN.

And seeing as I am a homeowner now I really must be on the look out for every bargain I can negotiate!

No comments:

Post a Comment